Thursday, March 22, 2012

What can we do now?

Since my last writing, we decided to become much more aggressive trying to solve my son's medical issue. We have since had an MRI, EEG, a radioactive digestive test, been to a naturopath, chiropractor, and a neurologist. The neurologist shooed us out of his office. He said that Jayden does not have a nervous tic as others have indicated, thus we didn't need him. The naturopath gave us some supplements, which I think in all would have been fine, but we stupidly tried them all at once as prescribed. That little experiment set was by far the most damaging of everything we have tried. It set us back about 13 weeks. Jayden went from an hour or two of stomach pain and acid reflux a night back to missing school and activities because it skyrocketed back to up to 14 hours. The chiropractor was the saddest. He really felt confident that he could help Jayden with the acid reflux. We went twice with zero results, and I saw how much time he spent with Jayden. Because he was confident  he could help, we all felt the disappointment harder than everything else.

I am exhausted, and sad, and I feel defeated. I don't know where else to go, or anything else to do. The chiropractor was the 12th doctor that we have seen and still we stand before you "undiagnosed." The good news is that the MRI and EEG came back normal, and the neurologist was adamant that it wasn't a nervous tic. My son, asked me what was next. I don't have any more answers, or thoughts of what to do next. I don't want him to think I am giving up, and I don't want to give up, yet I need to rest, regroup, and yet I need to continue fighting and figuring this out. I don't care what the cause is at all at this point. I want the symptoms to end.

Peace. Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment